WOMEN’S GOLF CLUB
“Camaraderie, Competence, Sportsmanship”
The Cypress Ridge Women’s Golf Club, an 18 hole club, was established by fifteen founding members and held its first tournament on January 8th, 2003. As of July, 2020, forty members enjoy rounds of golf on Thursday mornings at one of the premier courses on the Central Coast. We pay sweeps and play a game each week and organize a big guest day yearly, called the Strawberry Swing Festival. Our indexes range widely, but we share an affection for golf (most of the time), an interest in improving our games, and a fondness for socializing with other players. To learn about our Play Day Policy and Process, see below. To find out how to sign up for our club, we have included a contact form directed to the membership chair. We hope you’ll join us!
780 Cypress Ridge Parkway, Arroyo Grande, California 93420
CRWGC Facebook Page
CRWGC Tournament Committee Play Day Policy and Process
Your Tournament Committee (TCom) wants to make play days competitive and enjoyable for members. Usually we mix players randomly, but for some team games we’ll choose players from A-B-C-D handicap levels. When members occasionally request to play with a certain member or be paired within a handicap level (e.g. prepping for team play), we try to honor those requests.
- The TCom Supervisor for the week will send out an e-mail, shortly after the Thursday game, soliciting players for the next week.
- Players must respond to the e-mail promptly. If you plan to walk, let us know.
- Let the Supervisor know if you have to cancel via e-mail. On the morning of play, call the pro shop to cancel.
- The World Handicap System (WHS) updates indexes daily. Your index from the Monday before play day is used for that week’s game. (Use the GHIN Mobile App)
- On Monday the TCom Supervisor e-mails a list of players to all members. You still have a chance to add your name to the list. On Tuesday, the Supervisor e-mails hole assignments/handicaps/teams (if appropriate to the game), to all members. At this point, she gives back tee times to the pro shop our club won’t be using. Be flexible on the day of play because cancellations may alter foursomes. Our policy is to send threesomes out in front of foursomes and intersperse walkers with carts to speed play.
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes before your tee time to pay green fee and sweeps, and on occasion, to pop your card.
- The Supervisor collects $5 sweeps (non-refundable) on the day of play. Winnings from a game are accumulated in the CRWGC bank account and distributed bi-annually as Cypress Ridge Golf Course gift cards.
- Be sure you understand the rules of the game of the day. If you pick up your ball on any of the holes required for the game, you disqualify yourself. In certain team games, if you withdraw from the game, the whole team could be disqualified.
- Each foursome is responsible for two identical scorecards, one card for TCom; one to the Handicap Chair (during Covid, one master will do). After the game, make sure the cards are identical before you sign a card. If attested cards do not match with the same set of gross and game scores you (and/or your foursome) may be disqualified from the game.
- Please post your score on the pro shop computer (or online) immediately after play.
- Results of the game come to you by e-mail the next day, listing the game scores, winners and winnings. Normally, CRWGC pays out to 1/3 of the field.